Top Hidden Dangers in Your Home

Pest control sprays, rat poison, insect killers are all available at our homes and we all know that these are dangerous for our well-being. However, if you look around, you will see many other dangers hanging about in your house. Read the article to know what these potential dangers are:

1. Cleaning Agents
The bright and captivating odors of cleaning agents pull off young children. In fact, the risk of ingestion is quite high among children, mainly when it comes to detergents, toilet bowl cleaners and furniture polish. A lot of people store these products under the sink or near the toilet bowl which makes it easier for children to get into contact with.  The place for such chemicals is somewhere high enough so children are unable to reach them.

2. Medication
Medicines might be very necessary for you to take; however, can be extremely dangerous and even fatal if your children mistake their colors and shapes for candies. The best way to ensure your children’s safety from medicines is to keep them out of their reach. Also, keep the number of a poison control agency in your telephone diary in case of emergency.

3. Dust Mites
Dust mites are not to be seen with the naked eye; however, they are extremely hazardous for your health. Dust mites are known to cause allergy and asthma. They feed upon the dead skin cells that fall off our body and hide in our pillows, beds, and mattresses. In fact, there is no absolute way to get rid of mites; but you can employ ways to lessen their impact. Wash your bed sheets, pillow covers etc., in a mixture of detergent and hot water every week. Also, vacuum the rugs, floor, sofa, cushion, etc. regularly.

4. Carbon Monoxide
It is colorless as well as odorless, yet extremely toxic in nature. It emits from appliances that burn fuel such as fireplace, oven, stoves, and space heaters. Low exposure of carbon monoxide can cause dizziness, headache, fatigue and nausea, whereas greater exposure can result in unconsciousness, vomiting and even death. The best way to counteract the potential dangers of carbon monoxide is to carefully turn the appliances off after use. Also, use exhaust fans when using gas stoves.

5. Mold
The musty odor emitting from your bathroom, basement or closet is indicative of the fact that mold spores are growing. Mold grows in moist soot and has a high tendency to grow on building materials such as wood, paint and drywall. Mold can easily instigate allergic reactions and asthma symptoms. The only way to keep yourself and the family protected is to keep your house well-ventilated and the leaks fixed. Spot mold using a flashlight, as sometimes it cannot be seen with the naked eye.