Everyone generally knows that vegetables are great for your health. But did you know anything about the harmless looking turnip? Well, it turns out that the turnip is not just good for animals, but it is great for people as well.
Turnips are a starch based vegetable, however unlike potatoes you are not going to be knocked out by the calorie content found in turnips. And the best part of this is that you can eat the entire turnip and you do not have to throw anything away!
1. Turnips are high in Vitamin C. Therefore turnips will be a good anti-inflammatory barrier against illnesses like asthma. Other things it might help ward off are scurvy and cancers.
2. Vitamin C is great antioxidants, and antioxidants lower the amount of free radicals in your body. When you have too many free radicals going around your system it might clump your platelets leading to conditions that damage your body.
3. The Vitamin A found is turnips are great for lung problems so smokers listen up! The vitamins in turnips counteract the effects of smoking!
4. If you keep eating turnips it is going to help your joints in the long run keeping off diseases like joint damage, osteoporosis, and arthritis.
5. Turnips keep your brain healthy too. It also keeps the brain from deteriorating.
6. Turnips help the body’s immune system a lot. The beta-carotene in turnips help our bodies make super healthy tissues.
Turnips are incredible for your body and life, so go out and get some today!
About the author:Elroy Tyner is a nutritionist and is currently working for a non-profit health care corporation. For more information about the topic, visit the following link: Turnip Recipes