When you let your mind wander and begin thinking about your dreams, does self-doubt creep in and clobber those hopes and desires? Do you wish you could gain confidence and go after what you really want in life? There are strategies that you can learn to help you gain confidence to pursue what you want and handle any situation that arises.
Finding your purpose and your passion is up to you.You are the only one who can fulfill whatever it is that you were created for. Having confidence in your abilities and talents is where that journey begins.
In order to discover the passion that exists inside of you, it will be necessary to leave your comfort zone and do things in a different way. You have something wonderful to contribute to the world, and once you realize what it is, you can live a life of joy.
Try the strategies below will help you build confidence:
1. Discover who you are. Not knowing who you truly are is a definite stumbling block when it comes to living the life you deserve. Take some time to jot down your answers to the following questions:
* What would you choose to do if you were absolutely certain that you would not fail?
* What did you always want to try? When you were a child what did you dream about doing as a career? What do you dream about doing now?
* What things do people compliment you for? Are there things your family and friends think you are good at? What talents do you possess?
* What do you love about the current life you have? Is there something that excites you?
As you gain clarity on who you are, what is important to you, and what lies ahead, you begin to take control of your future and feel a sense of empowerment that comes from that knowledge.
Knowing what you want will allow you to take action and create large and small goals based on those desires.Your passion will provide the forward momentum you need to accomplish the tasks that will further fuel your confidence.
2. Pretend you are. Ever hear the saying “fake it ‘til you make it”? Pretending that you are already confident is one of the fastest ways to gain confidence. It might seem ridiculous, but acting as if you were confident by moving your body and speaking like a confident person would, you can reprogram your brain and gain self-confidence. Ask yourself these questions:
* What are the mannerisms of a confident person?
* What tone of voice and volume does she speak with?
* Does a confident person speak at a certain speed?
* Does a confident person walk at a certain pace?
Act like you are confident and move your body in a confident way, your actions will follow your movements.
3. Select a mentor. As you begin to achieve the goals you set for yourself, you will gain confidence in your abilities. And as you gain more confidence, you will achieve more goals. Confidence is the fuel for success, and success breeds more of the same. Choosing to learn from someone who has already achieved success can increase your chances.
* Approach someone who has done what you are trying to do and ask them to share with you how they achieved their success, and how they keep it going. The chances of having success at building your confidence will improve greatly if learn from someone who has done it.
By putting these 3 techniques into action, you can see great rewards come from taking small steps. Knowing yourself and having faith in your skills and abilities will provide you the comfort and encouragement you need to increase your confidence and be a success at all you do.