Irrespective of cast, creed, race and sex, you all want to look good. It is not possible for human beings to remain eternally young, but when you take care of yourself, you may look younger than you actually are. Color and thickness of your hair can easily reveal your age. When you take care of your hair, you can change people’s perception about you. Hair is your crowning glory, you must keep it healthy.
These easy to follow hair care tips will certainly ensure long and thick hair.
Things You Need for Healthy Hair
Water – Water makes up one-fourth of the weight of a hair strand and it is key ingredient for silky and shiny hair. Make sure to drink at least eight glasses (two liters) of water daily.
Protein – Protein strengthens the hair shaft and reduces the possibilities of hair splitting and breaking. It is necessary to stop hair splitting and breaking to ensure long and thick hair. Fish, meat, milk, eggs, cheese, nuts, and cereals are good source of protein.
Vitamins – Vitamin A benefits skin and scalp, where as vitamin B and C strengthen hair strands and promote blood circulation on the scalp. Vitamin E is also very important for your hair, it gives color and ensures long and thick hair. Fruit, green vegetables, cereals, eggs, milk, bread are good source of vitamins.
Minerals – Iron helps oxygen to reach hair roots. Red meat and dark green vegetables are good source of iron. Zinc not only builds hair protein, but also prevents hair loss. Zinc is found abundantly in sea food and meat. Copper helps hair pigmentation and optimizes natural hair color. Shellfish, liver, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds and meat are good source of minerals. Minerals are necessary for long and thick hair.
Home Remedy For Long and Thick Hair
- Add half cup of orange juice in half cup of apple puree. Mix orange juice and apple puree thoroughly. Now apply this mixture on your hair. Wash with plain water after 30 minutes. Follow this step once in a week. In few weeks your hair will grow long and thick hair.
- Massage scalp and hair roots with coconut oil once in week. You can also use olive oil instead of coconut oil. Oil massage will make your hair root strong and ensure bold circulation on your scalp. Your hair will grow long and thick only when hair roots are strong.
- Mix two table spoon of coconut or olive oil with yellow part of egg. Apply this paste thoroughly on your hair and wash with plain water after 30 minutes. This is good organic conditioner for your hair. Hair conditioning is important for healthy hair.
- Stir yellow part of egg until it foams, add 1 tablespoon of baby hair oil and blend the mixture. Add two tablespoon of water in the mixture and massage your scalp and hair from root to tip.
- Mix equal amount of olive oil and orange juice and warm this potion. Apply this mixture on your hair and leave it for 30 minutes, and then wash with water.
- Add 1 tablespoon honey in three tablespoon of oil (coconut/olive/mustard) and apply on your hair thoroughly. Wash your hair with shampoo after 30 minutes.
- Mix lime juice with egg and massage your hair. Lime juice removes dandruff and egg is natural hair conditioner.
- Mash equal amount of lime pips and black pepper and apply this paste on your hair. Wash your hair after 30 minutes.
About Author - Vinaya Ghimire is a writer, poet and a photographer. I write stories and essays on religion, culture and social issues. My articles, poems, stories and photographs have appeared in newspapers, magazines and many niche content sites. Read More About Vinaya Ghimire