Sometimes it is surprising to find that many salad dressings contain wheat or gluten, so why not make it yourself? Here’s a simple, gluten-free buttermilk ranch dressing that tastes just as delicious!
- 1 cup dry parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp dry dill weed
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp onion salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup light sour crème
- In a bowl, combine the spices until well blended. Store the dry mix in an air-tight jar or plastic container after using.
- In a blender or large bowl, add one-quarter cup of dry mix to the wet ingredients and blend well until smooth.
- Serve over salads, meats or use as a veggie tray dip.
- For those who are also lactose intolerant, this dressing can be made without buttermilk or sour cream. Substitute one cup of plain soy yogurt for the sour cream and remove the buttermilk altogether. Add extra mayonnaise to get the consistency and flavor you wish.
- You can store the dry seasonings in a small spice jar that is air-tight, and the spices tend to keep their flavor and scent for at least 6 months, so you can have ranch dressing on hand any time!
- This dressing will last in the refrigerator up to 3-5 days.