When we talk about our brain, as the old saying goes “We are what, we eat” holds true.
Eating the right bring food can improve your concentration, sharpen your memory, and reduce the effects of aging.
The ten brain foods that you need are:
- Salmon: High in Fatty Acids and Omega-3. Salmon assists the repair and development of tissues that increase brain activity. Salmon can also prevent age related disorders such as Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Flax Seeds: being high in alpha-lionolenic acid (ALA). A fat that is healthy for the brain improves function of the brains cerebral cortex that processes all the sensory information.
- Blueberries: provide an array of functions when it comes to brain activity. Consisting of high levels of antioxidants, blueberries help in any form of radical damage and are known to improve memory functions. Blueberries have also been known to reverse the effects of ageing by improving motor functions.
- Coffee: drinking coffee regularly has been proven to reduce, mental disorders such as Dementia, Alzheimer’s and many other. Caffeine is good for the brain and is known to be high in antioxidants. However, it is important to remember not to mix your coffee with any artificial sweeteners because that significantly reduces the positive impact of caffeine on you body.
- Green Tea: having two cups a day has proven to lower the risk for cognitive impairment. Green tea can protect you from Parkinson’s disease and other related mental disorders. Studies have shown that green tea increases dopamine that increases positive moods and healthy muscle functions.
- Mixed Nuts: walnuts, pecans, peanuts, and most nuts have properties that aid you in fighting insomnia and promote mental clarity. Walnuts are rich in Omega-3 and are a natural mood enhancing stimulant.
- Eggs: are known to improve memory functions.
- Whole grains: whole grains are exceptional brain foods that improve circulation of the brain and comprise of vitamins as well as Omega-3. Whole grains include whole grain bread or oatmeal.
- Chocolate: the yummiest of all brain food. Chocolate is rich in antioxidants and also improves focus and concentration. In addition, chocolate has the ability to enhance your motor skills and memory.
- Avocados: the fat in an avocado is not one to be afraid of. It improves the blood flow and keeps the functioning of your brain at optimal level. Avocados are a considered the best alternate to medicine when you need to reduce your blood pressure.
So, if you want to keep your mind sharp and nourished these ten highly effective brain foods will not only improve your memory, mood, concentration, and over all clarity, but will also prevent you from any forms of age related disorders.